Just a little bit of all of me rolled into one

Just a little bit of all of me....
Food, restaurants........cupcakes CUPCAKES!!!! Food trends and fashion. All a girls favourite things!

Thursday 19 May 2011

Avocado Curry

While going thru one of my fav foodie blogs yesterday I came across a very interesting recipe for avocado curry. Avo and curry are 2 of my favourite things to eat but never ever did I think about combining them.

I havent made this curry as yet but I plan to this evening and im very excited about the outcome.



See recipe below:

Ingrediants:

1 medium onion
2 cloves garlic
1 small green pepper
1 can of tomato paste
1 can coconut milk
1 ripe avocado
1 tsp coarse salt
1 tbsp curry powder
1/4 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp cayenne
1/4 tsp paprika

In a food processor blend all together into a sauce consistancy. Heat up the sauce on the stove top and serve over your choice of sauteed veggies, meat, poultry or even rice.

The joy of this recipe is that its so simple and fast and its vegan as well. You can make a big batch and freeze it for those evenings when you dont feel like cooking. take it out the freezer warm it in a pot and pour over some stir fried chicken strips and veg!


Happy curry cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment