Just a little bit of all of me rolled into one

Just a little bit of all of me....
Food, restaurants........cupcakes CUPCAKES!!!! Food trends and fashion. All a girls favourite things!

Tuesday 17 May 2011

Mmmm Soup!

Leather boots, chunky knit jerseys, slow cooked meat stews, warm baked puddings and of course soup are some of the things I love about the colder months.

Winter has barley started and already I've gotten out all my soup recipes and made 2.

Last winter a friend e-mailed me a ton of soup recipes which I never got round to making due to my obsession with Woolworths slow roast tomato and marscapone soup. This winter i see they haven't brought it out which is a blessing because I made my own tomato soup.

This variation of tomato soup is not only extremely delicious and super easy but also almost fat free!



What you need:

A glug of olive oil
onion roughly chopped
1kg tomatoes roughly chopped
1 liter good veg stock - its always good to make your own and freeze them
2 Tbsp sugar
125g ready made sun dried tomato pesto - Robertsons has brought out a fantastic pesto range or Woolies always has
a few basil leaves finely chopped
salt and pepper to taste


  • Fry onions in olive oil until almost translucent
  • Add the tomatoes and stock and bring to the boil. Simmer for 40min.
  • Remove from heat, use a stick blender or food processor to blend the mixture.
  • Add the sugar and pesto and bring to the boil again, simmer for about 10 min.
  • Add the basil leaves, salt and pepper,
If you want to serve this as a more substantial meal serve the soup with a grilled cheese sandwich.


Its that simple to have a delicious hot soup on those cold lazy winter days.
Whats your favorite winter warmer recipe?

1 comment:

  1. OMG that looks so amazing..... hunger pains have settled in.....

    ReplyDelete